Thursday, September 3, 2015

Getting ready

For those who are interested I decided to keep a blog on trying to migrate to Norway. It is the first week of September and in two weeks I will take a one-way flight to Oslo and hope I won't have to come back any time soon.
I am allowed to stay for six months, but if I do not find a job within this period I have to leave the country. I have three months of unemployment money so hopefully I will find something soon.

Today I arranged my rental apartment. It looks amazing in the pictures and the landlord sounds very nice on Skype, hopefully this will all work out when I actually arrive.
I wanted to arrange as much as possible before I arrive, but unfortunately you have to have a Norwegian personal number for almost everything, and you can only get that when you are in Norway. So as soon as I arrive I will try to get that. I have to do this at the tax office, and hopefully they will immediately can give me a number so I can open a bank account and get a Norwegian sim-card/telephone number.
So while I wait to go, I am applying for all kinds of jobs. next week I will make a resume with everything I ever did on it and send it to all the temp agencies.

It is hard trying to think of what else I should be arranging. and will try to prepare for the Norwegian job market as good as possible. I am practicing the language and reading books on my work subject.

It is all very exciting. I hope to be able to send interesting reports from this blog about migrating to Norway.

3 comments: